Latest posts by ShereenAftab (see all)
- Huge Sale on Dies - June 18, 2017
- New Arrivals - April 11, 2017
- New Prima Products: New Finnabair and Memory Hardware - April 2, 2017
Hello my dear friends. Apologies for a very long absence. I do however have a couple of valid excuses. One there is the website that seems to be taking forever. But the end is finally in sight.
And second my camera has gone purple! Meaning it makes everything look purple and so I haven’t been able to share the few projects that I have managed to work on. But I thought Purple is better than nothing and so here a couple of pictures, which I have tried to de-purplify as much as I can, of a card that I did recently.
I wanted to make a wreath out of the Prima wire thread that arrived in the latest shipment. And that is how the card came to be. I used Maja Design paper for the background, a soft shabby pink. I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz paper distresser but didn’t ink them as I wanted a soft look for my project. I cut a piece of white net and layered it onto the central part of the background.
Next I made the wreath base with Prima wire thread in Sage. For this I wound the thread around a jar and then fiddled some to make one of the circles smaller for added interest. Then I put together some embellishments for the wreath.I used a Marianne’s Creatables die from the die set ‘Leaves’ to cut some feathery leaves from coordinating paper. I fussy cut some butterflies from a Maja designs paper. Then I assembed the wreath using these elements, some mulberry flowers, stamens etc. I added a couple of burlap flowers in the lower left corner and adhered small Mulbery flowers in the center.
I stamped the sentiment in Potting Soil archival ink on a pc. of patterned paper and then die cut it using ‘Floral Ovals’ die. I edged the piece with walnut stain for some definition. And finally I added some liquid pearl dots around the sentiment.
Till next time.