Latest posts by ShereenAftab (see all)
- Huge Sale on Dies - June 18, 2017
- New Arrivals - April 11, 2017
- New Prima Products: New Finnabair and Memory Hardware - April 2, 2017
I’ve been playing with the Santoro Mirabelle collection lately. It is a unique collection both in terms of imagery and colors. Today I’m sharing with you a card that I did using stamps, papers and embellishments from this collection.
I started by stamping the ‘Butterfly’ character on a piece of white cardstock and on a paper from the mirabelle collection. I used Ranger Archival Jet Black to stamp.
There is a dangling hearts stamp (matching the hearts on the main character stamp). I stamped the dangling hearts on a piece of white cardstock and colored them. I cut out the dress from the image stamped on colored paper and the colored hearts. I then adhered the cut out red hearts on top of the dress. I colored in the the image stamped on the white cardstock piece. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inkpads to color. I do this by transferring some ink from the pad onto my non stick craft sheet. I then dilute these with a little water from a mini mister and then use a brush to pick up the color. I used Tattered Rose for the skin generally. For the cheeks I again used the Tattered Rose but didn’t dilute it as much. Her hair were colored with a combination of Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain.The wings were colred in grey watercolor pencil. To emphasize the lines in her hair I went over these with my POSCA black acrylic pen. You could do it with any fine tip black marker.
I drew a pair of legs for the girl and colored those in too. I then adhered the girl (and here legs) onto a patterned sheet from the Mirabelle 6×6 paper pad. It has lovely glitter accents which you can only see slightly in the picture.
I then adhered the dress onto the first image and gave it a frilly edge with a crochet trim from my stash. I used hot glue gun to adhere the lace.
I then took another patterned sheet from the 6×6 pad in the same design, cut out the center and then adhere it onto the first sheet with the help of dimensional tape.
To embellish I stamped a lot of tiny butterflies, from the same stamp set, with brilliance pearlescent ink and cut these out. I cut the grey glittery butterflies from a sheet that is in the 6×6 stack. In addition I used embellishments from the Mirabelle collection including paper blossoms, resin flowers and paper rosettes. I added glitter accents with ice stickles to the wings, resin flowers and on pearls that I had embellished the grey butterflies with.
I cut out the words ‘speak without words’ from a sheet in my stash. I didn’t have the right colored cardstock to layer the words. I ‘made’ some matching cardstock by coloring a piece with direct application of the brilliance inkpad in the same color that I had use to stamp the butterflies. I added the layered words with dimensional tape. Lastly I adhered the prepared piece onto a 6×6 Card.
Hope you enjoyed the post.
Some supplies used in this project